Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - New member here from the great state of Wisconsin. Picked me up a used v-star 650 custom as i like the way it looked. I'm a cruiser guy so im not concered about the power, it's just a nice little bike.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome sharky!

Love the Dells - spent several years in Madison at the Medical School (still have an Ariens snow blower to prove it!).

Tell us a bit more about yourself, other bikes you've ridden, where you like to ride, how many times you've been arrested at Sturgis, etc. . . .

And for the love of cheese curds and spotted cow, post up some pics of that bike!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Nice scoot the 650 is. Bets ya it's red with black accents and tons of chrome. A pic or two would prove this to be true, yes? You'll find lots of good folks here, make new friends and even a partner or two to go riding with.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys -

yes, its red, matched my Camaro and Charger Daytona.

Well, lets see. Started riding on a Honda Ascot 500 wich is a wierd little bike but it was alot of fun running around the dells and learning on. After that I rode my dads hand me down Yamaha Maxim 750 for alot of years untill it died on me, then i picked up this little gem. I'm a pretty short guy so i like the low style bikes. Been to sturgis a few times but never been arrested, though i have been riding around without a valid M class for the last however many years. I'm glad to say that i am legal now and hope to stay that way. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin Rapids. Lived in the Dell's for about five years until I moved to Rapids last year. I have patiently been waiting for some sun. I seem to get about one ride in a week and the rest of the days are rainy or too cold like today.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya brother. Just glad the snow and ice are finally off the road. A little warm weather would go along way toward some riding.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice ride both bike and car.
I haven't been to the dells since 1995 I was on my way to visit my GF I stopped for coffee well a little while down the road I fell asleep and hit a cement wall ( had cruise set between 75-80) on the highway near Tomah. I was almost to a bridge when I went off the road. basicall the car launched itself and hit the cement wall n other side of river/creek. Tha car started to sink when a trucker came and pulled me out of the car. We had to break the windsheild as the elctronics wouldnt work.
Broke all my ribs, both hips, 1 knee, 200 stitches in my face, and both wrist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts