Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had joined this site several years ago.....but, maybe I used a different email back then and I should have tried logging in with THAT!

Oh well.....here I am now, with my new Gmail account.

I joined because I'm my wife's wrench....for her 2004 V-Star 1100 Classic. Nice simple bike....and doesn't weigh NEARLY as much as my Venture. (Maybe I should swap her!?!) That 869 pounds on the Midnight is starting to get me down...but I must admit I'm spoiled by the stereo, storage space and smooth, high-speed cruising. (Not that I get to do much of it!)

I'll get some pics of wifey's bike posted asap, but, trust me, it's nothing much out of the ordinary; pretty much box stock burgundy and gold, with the addition of some nice soft black bags on the back. I bought her some cool LED's for Xmas last year, but still haven't gotten around to taping them on. (Maybe now that I have the rear fender all pulled off, trying to fix the drive shaft, I can do that.

In the meantime, I'd REALLY appreciate some words of wisdom from anyone who has wrestled with getting the rear wheel off a 2004 Classic (or similar). I've got the fender off, all the bolts undone but the brake caliper STILL wants to interfere with the rim. Is there some magic element I'm missing?
Actually, there IS one bolt I haven't undone (cause it's so small and I don't have the right size socket......think it's a 7.5 mm...the little one that holds the rear brake line to the swing arm. Is that my problem? I wouldn't think so.......but, stranger things have happened!

Oh, and if anyone has a link to a manual for this baby, THAT would be great. (msg me privately if yer shy about copywrite!)

Thanks for any tips and tricks.
P.S. The moly that everyone says to use on this shaft, I assume is at BOTH ends? Or just the front?
And, oh, did I mention.......Jackie's shaft will turn while sitting still in first gear. NOT A GOOD SIGN! Is second hand the route to go on this? Of should I step up and buy new?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D You say the drive shaft spins while the bike is NOT moving? I'll look for another thread from you (as per Boss Bevo's suggestion)

·
Registered
794 Posts
http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverBack/VStar1100-FAQ.htm
scroll to the bottom right column under "Document, Links"

This info courtesy of Sick Mick in another thread..

I also have an 1100 and LOVE it. Haven't needed to wrench anything on it other than aftermarket goodies yet (touchwood) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Cookies! Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the 4M.

Here is a link to a nice chocolate chip cookie recipe:
Ah, yes! Nothing like a fresh batch of cookies to make the house smell nice on a Sunday morning! I'll see what I can whip up.

Thanks, Jeff.
Later,
Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts