Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my 4th Yamaha VStar. My first was a 2008 1100, then a 2012 950 for for wife, then traded the 1100 for a 2013 1300. And finally traded the 1300 for a 2016 Bolt 950 R-Spec. Anyhow, I consider myself a novice at best, but I sure love to ride. :grin:

·
2,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum, abmayn. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you're a little more than a novice. Post a pic of your new ride when you can!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,534 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Great line up. Do you have a favorite bike? Or is it based on your mood? Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Please share some pics with us. I agree that you sound a little more than a novice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Traded the 1300 for the Bolt, 'eh? I have seen/heard many riders how they will go up in class on bikes, only to downsize again. It keeps it fun, I would think! I can imagine how the Bolt is, since I ride the V Star 950. Great engine. Just enough punch. Big enough to be smooth, small enough to be fun.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Warm Welcome

To Les Blank and YamaMassGirl and all the others who welcomed me to the Forum, THANK YOU. I liked all of the bikes I've had thus far, for different reasons. The 1100 was black with ghost flames, and was the best looking of them all. If I/we just want to go for a day ride, I really love the Bolt. It is so quick and nimble, and just a ton of fun to ride. It really jumps when you twist the throttle. Of course the 1300 was great for those long, muiti-day trips when you are carrying a lot of clothes and other items. We bought a Toy Hauler RV, and decided that for the next several years, the Bolt would be more practical than the 1300. It was tough to give up the 1300, but the Bolt (+ the 950) really makes sense for our situation. The 950 is a great in-betweener, quick enough, more nimble than the 1300, comfortable, good at highway speeds, and very nice looking too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nice! Wish I had more than 1 bike but the wife won't hear of it since we are both pensioners now. You have your act together and well planned out for the type of riding you will be doing and matching your rides to accommodate that goal.

You will definitely enjoy those bikes, the 950 is a great engine and you have comfort and nimbleness combined with the two different models. Ride safe!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome! Being a 950T owner too appreciate reading your adventures and goals! Sure you will both enjoy many rides and experiences. Sounds like your journey is well planned! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts