Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifelong Suzuki/ducati guy here, recently decided to move over to the yamaha side of things when a crazy deal on a roadliner became available. Under 8 grand for a new 09? Yes please. I've always loved the styling of the liners, and simply had to have it. So yeah...um..hi!

·
Registered
821 Posts
welcome to our world! you can rest easy now.:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be Life sure is nice on two wheels :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider. You have found the mother ship.Sit back hang on and keep the shiny side up.Oh just letting all you newbies know that the grey bikes are the fastest and don't let anybody tell you any different.Post some pics.

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics you say? Well, it looks a lot like a stock roadliner currently.

and a self portrait?

The Sissy bar is ordered, as is the lay down plate frame, and I'm debating a windshield. I really like the front end of this thing, and don't want to clutter/cover it up with a shield, but I do need a little something to combat the wind at 80mph. Might opt for a driver's backrest instead.

Then of course the next decision is to bag or not to bag. I think the saddlemen teardrop bags might really go well with the rear fender, but I'm not sure I want to go bags just yet.

Overall I really like the bike, it's a nice mix of cruiser and "holy crap that goes to 100mph quick". :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice bike, nice deal, nice name. You asr set now for whatever may come. Go slow on your mods, man. Let the picture mature little by little.
Maybe yamahas and yamahos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts