Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Wisconsin, just picked up a "new to me" 2011 V-Star 950 with a few modifications. I look forward to some great adventures on this bike.

·
2,366 Posts
Welcome, Calid. You got yourself a nice ride and found the best forum on the web. Glad you joined us. Post some pics when you can.

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum Calid , can't add much more than our fellow member NorthernRider stated. I ride the 950 and love it, let's see those pics and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,055 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Rode to work today, got a little nervous during the severe thunderstorm at lunch...but it all cleared up before the ride home. From what I can tell the mod list is as follows: Cobra intake and exhaust, mustang seats (front and rear), batwing, radio, 12v power port grips with wrist saver, mirrors with led signals and fuel mapper under the seat. All in all a very comfortable ride, can't wait for some longer trips.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I watch the interactive weather map on intellicast.com

I can usually find a 30 minute window to get to work and back home. If I get wet riding home I dont really care, long as its not a crazy downpour.

I always laugh when I see someone selling their bike and they say "always stored in garage, never ridden in the rain"

why?! are their motorcycles made of sugar? If you are not getting caught in the rain once in a while, you are not riding enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like DarkSky, it is usually pretty accurate and has a quick look for the next hour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Calid!
Nice bike, I am kind of partial since I recently purchased a 2012 V-Star 950 myself. I absolutely love it and get lots of compliments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome from NW Arkansas...I've got a batwing fairing also and I can't remember what it was like to ride without one...plus riding with tunes is the best.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, until I find a good place to mount the antenna or a decent phone mount to use the aux input I have no tunes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts