Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Just brought home my first Vstar. Its a 2002 with 14k kms on it. It has a bunch of custom work done to it, although other than the obvious things like the bars, forward controls, pipes and oil filter relocation Im not totally sure of the entire list. Looks like it has more rake than a standard Vstar to me. Im a little concerned about the angle of the upper triple tree as compared to the bottom one (pic #2), can anyone tell me if this is a problem?
Cheers!
Brendan

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if it's an optical illusion but it looks like something is not right at the top, almost like something is bent. I guess you've checked it, if nothing squeals, gets stuck or makes weird sound then should be ok. My Stryker has an additional rake built into triples, perhaps yours has Stryker or similar setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if it's an optical illusion but it looks like something is not right at the top, almost like something is bent. I guess you've checked it, if nothing squeals, gets stuck or makes weird sound then should be ok. My Stryker has an additional rake built into triples, perhaps yours has Stryker or similar setup.
Thanks! I actually haven't looked into it at all, I only noticed it when I was posting this pic. I have ridden it quite a bit and there is no squeaks or sticking, seems to ride just fine. I will go out and take a look at it if it stops snowing today haha.

It doesn't look nearly as bad in this pic, so it might be a bit of an optical illusion as well. Hope nothing is majorly wrong with it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks! I actually haven't looked into it at all, I only noticed it when I was posting this pic. I have ridden it quite a bit and there is no squeaks or sticking, seems to ride just fine. I will go out and take a look at it if it stops snowing today haha. It might be a bit of an optical illusion as well. Hope nothing is majorly wrong with it.
If nothing feels loose or tight in addition to what I said earlier and bike handles normal then I'm assuming it's an optical trick :) I'd check all the bolts and nuts just in case.

Nice looking bike! Actually I took another look at it and it does look like the whole front is from Stryker. Mine even has the same Spitfire windshield!

Ride safe and be careful in the snow! :laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If nothing feels loose or tight in addition to what I said earlier and bike handles normal then I'm assuming it's an optical trick :) I'd check all the bolts and nuts just in case.

Nice looking bike! Actually I took another look at it and it does look like the whole front is from Stryker. Mine even has the same Spitfire windshield!

Ride safe and be careful in the snow! :laugh:
Thanks! Will do!

·
2,513 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. If it's snowing I'm guessing you're out west.

·
2,513 Posts
Well, duh. The mountains in your pics should have clued me in...lol. Hope the weather improves so you can get a few miles on. Supposed to be in the 30s here tomorrow so hoping to get out.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,481 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome from the East Coast. Here in Massachusetts we are having a heat wave. It was upper 80's here today, where were we are supposed to be having New England Fall festivals and chilly night. (Well, we're still having the festivals, but...)

It's a sweet looking rid you have there. Definitely fantastic cosmetically, and if it rides great then you have a winner! Thanks for photos, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts