Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a month or so since registering, got ready to post and discovered I couldn't, until I'd introduced myself. So here we are.

I'm Jeff, and I recently picked up a 2001 V Star 1100 Classic. A bit of a fixer upper. I've had a few motorcycles over the years, the V Star makes the fifth, not counting the pos Chinese scooter I had for all of 3 months and 500 miles before I blew the motor.

I'll mostly be lurking in the V Star forum, posting now and again when I have a question. I love motorcycles, but my real passion is bicycles, specifically mountain bikes. In fact, one of my jobs is wrenching at a bicycle shop, the other is being a postman. I spend a lot of time on the forums here: www.mtbr.com

About the V Star: I got a good price on it, with the money I've put in so far to get it to book value condition, I'm still a good bit under the book value number. It needed a new rear tire right off the bat, I was actually slightly leery of riding it home on the old one. Also, the front fender was crunched at some point, it doesn't rub the tire or anything, but looks awful. I got one in the same color scheme off ebay, although it is clearly a 650 fender, I think it will fit fine. (we'll see :eek: ) The rear turn signal mountings were boogered up bad, both sides looked like they were squeezing off the mount bar. The front also, but not nearly as bad. I got lucky on an auction for a like new front and rear complete set up, score. The rec/reg went bad after a couple weeks, might've been bad for a while, possibly something the seller neglected to mention, ended up getting new battery as well. The bike is being ridden almost daily as a commuter. I like it very much. I have other plans and questions to discuss which will be posted in the proper forum.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome Voiles. Nice bike.

Tale care of it, and it will take care of you......

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome and don't forget to vote on Bike Of The Month (BOTM)!

HA HAAA!!! Bevo... i beat you to it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts