Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just joined the forum because I'm going to buy a V-star 950..
I've been riding since the '70s (geez, I feel old writing that!)
Had a few yrs w/o; when I got married, had first kid and bought a house and then again when I got divorced and needed to buy another house.
Mid-sized bikes because I'm a mid-sized guy (ok, I'm on the small size).
KZ-670, 750 & GPZ-750. '74 Triumph 750 & '99 Triumph 955. '85(?) yamaha Fazer 700.
Some short-term bikes; Virago, Nighhawk, Seca, and a probably a cpl more I can't recall..
Now I've got a BMW K1200 and a Ninja 650.
I've ridden from MN to TX, FL to WI and every state between those.
A previous gf wanted a bike after riding with me a while. She got a V-star 800 (mostly because she has short legs). I got the Ninja when I was riding with her because the BMW is kinda hard to do U-turns on... Now it's my commuter / fun bike.
I rode her V-star to check it out for her and then gave her a few rides. I quickly came to appreciate the advantages of the cruiser. I'm mature enough to admit that it's hard to have fun on the BMW and Ninja w/o breaking any laws. The BMW really wants to go 85 all the time!
Now I got a new gf that I want to take for rides (when it warms up).. so I'm going to get a cruiser and I've narrowed it down to a V-star 950.
Jim

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi
Just joined the forum because I'm going to buy a V-star 950..
I've been riding since the '70s (geez, I feel old writing that!)
Jim
Welcome here. You done good pickin the Yammerdog route:D

Maybe our good friend Bevo will create a special section on the form that reads "Old Farts" or "Old Fart Comments" The folks above, and sadly Sugar Bear, as well as many others here, solid, quailfy:D

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts