Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask for any advice/experience as far as gloves go.

I am finding that mesh gloves with the knuckle armor works well for short trips around town, but on a longer haul (a stretch of > 40 miles), my fingers were freezing, even in warmer weather.

I went to the local bike shop and got a pair of wind-tex gloves that are the shop's best sellers. They are well-insulated and padded, and help out a lot.

I am finding that on the long commute, about halfway through the ride, my fingertips are still very cold and numb.

Have any of you guys run into this, and what is the solution? Different gloves? Gloves and liners? Plan a stop & warmup along the way?

:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Howdy. I'm north of Denver, perhaps we'll run into each other this summer.
I have not had an issue with cold fingers in warmer weather and I don't have any heated gloves. I have a pair of insulated mechanics gloves that I wear when it's cold, but my fingers are cold until the temp gets over 50 or so.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My fairing blocks most of the air but when its below say 50 out they still get cold even with leather gloves on. When it gets more into good riding weather, I usually dont wear gloves. Im assuming your talking cold weather riding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this is early morning before the sunrise. This week is in the 70s, so I'll see how the ride goes in the morning.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
If its still too cold, look into snowmobile gloves. Basically the same thing but much better insulation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is 75F today and when I went out to lunch, only wore the mesh gloves. No cold fingers! I definitely didn't want to come back to the office!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts