Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some recent conversations I've had, I was just curious: Of all the in-the-news illegal shootings, how many of those people have a gun permit? Because if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them, and the number of shootings on the tv will probably stay about the same. My guess is those people don't WANT a permit so it will be harder to find them. I know LOTS of people who carry, and personally, I feel better having them around.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Like most political movements there is an agenda and it has nothing to do with how they spin it. In this case gun control. "Gun control" will not reduce the number of gun crimes, because most gun crimes are committed by criminal with no regard of the law. They are also usually committed with guns that have already been obtained illegally. We could not live in a country run by people any dumber than the ones we have now. At least in 3rd world countries you know what they are doing, here they lie to you and tell you its for your own good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re - concealed carry

Here in Wisconsin where law abiding citizens can legally carry a concealed handgun - Law Enforcement likes it & supported it before we voted in. Now the criminals never know if a potential victim is going to defend themselves or not.

I have a collection, but my favorite that I carry is my .44 Special snubby revolver. It's not for target shooting, it's made to hit a man sized target at close distance. It's an older handgun and was worn by a Milwaukee police office as a backup gun for many years. I'm pretty sure that just shooting in the general direction would put the fear of GOD into any would-be attacker. It makes a very big bang:D

·
Registered
845 Posts
No permits needed to buy in SC, only to carry conceal, needs 8 hour course.
BTW- here is a fact that you won't see in the press, murder rate in the USA is the lowest in 30 years.
In Australia, murder rate only dropped slightly and stopped dropping when guns were banned. In the USA it dropped by about 30%.
As a free people its a protected right.

·
Registered
21 Posts

You talking about background checks? You saying that anyone can buy a gun in SC regardless? Not sure I agree with that. I wouldn't sell dynamite to a moron or a gun to a known criminal - No good could possibly come from it...

·
Registered
291 Posts

You talking about background checks? You saying that anyone can buy a gun in SC regardless? Not sure I agree with that. I wouldn't sell dynamite to a moron or a gun to a known criminal - No good could possibly come from it...
While I agree with you midnight I would not just rule it out. You know how our gov. can twist things and take them to the extreme. Kinda like a kid turning 18 a week before his girl friend and getting busted for statutory rape and having to register as a sex offender for life. Dont laugh it has happened.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here in Indiana, you can purchase a hand gun without a permit, but they have to do a background check on you at the time of purchase. I suppose that's fair enough?? Actually, Indiana is quite good a letting citizens protect themselves by what ever means necessary. Here is the code copy/pasted if interested. I believe the words "public servant" refers to police officer:

IC 35-41-3-2
Use of force to protect person or property
Sec. 2. (a) In enacting this section, the general assembly finds and declares that it is the policy of this state to recognize the unique character of a citizen's home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant. By reaffirming the long standing right of a citizen to protect his or her home against unlawful intrusion, however, the general assembly does not intend to diminish in any way the other robust self defense rights that citizens of this state have always enjoyed. Accordingly, the general assembly also finds and declares that it is the policy of this state that people have a right to defend themselves and third parties from physical harm and crime. The purpose of this section is to provide the citizens of this state with a lawful means of carrying out this policy.
.......and then.......No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But you cannot walk up on a person getting robbed and shoot the robber.

Actually, a few lines later in the code it states that you can protect a third person. (Subsection C of the same code) The right to protect ourselves is one of the few things I like about Indiana.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Here in Indiana, ... I suppose that's fair enough?? Actually, Indiana is quite good a letting citizens protect themselves by what ever means necessary.

SC much the same but lets make some changes to the above for others.

"Actually, Indiana is quite good a letting citizens protect themselves by what ever means necessary."

In reality Indiana is quite good at NOT infringing on your god given right to protect yourself. More or less Indiana is not trying to trample on your protected rights outlined in the constitution. Remember, the constitution does NOT GIVE YOU RIGHTS.

The constitution PROTECTS your god given rights as a free person from GOVERNMENT intrusion. That goes for not only guns and protection, but free speech, press etc.

Can you imagine the day you need a permit for free speech ?
Don't think it cant happen but might finally be the day voters wake up to the power of the people grab in the White House, after being exposed, they just backed down from having the FCC put "observers" in newsrooms across the country, a story that most Americans don't even know about. Starting to sound like China? you bet.

Can you imagine the day the government tells you what medical procedures you can have or not have? It just did.

Americans are asleep at the voting booths, we are, who we vote for ... oh, by the way, did you know, in 2012 that the IRS was doing audits of some tax exempt groups, Obamas election year, do you know how many out of over 100 groups were liberal groups? 0 - none, do you know out of over 100 groups were conservative groups? ALL OF THEM.

(PS don't take my caps the "wrong way" *L* trying to impress on others.)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I stand corrected alarmguy......You are right. It's quite sad how the blubberment is training us to think that way. Or, simply to NOT think. People think I'm paranoid about the gvnmt prying into our lives, but I see more and more evidence to support my theories every day. Where we stand as a nation now is why we left the mother country and came to America the first place. Me thinks we are getting close to a revolution. If not, maybe we should be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just (unfortunately) inherited 2 pistols and 2 (or 3) rifles form my Father in law who unexpectedly passed.

I am in the process of "purchasing" the pistols and acquiring the rifles (no permits) However, after I am in legal possession of the pistols, I fully intend to get my CPL. Not so I can carry when I want but more for the training and range time associated. Therefore, I will not be calling one of those "get your CPL in 2 hours for just $50" people. MI has made it FAR too easy for even those on the crooked, winding path to get a CPL. But I know if they are going that route, why would they bother following the first law they broke by illegal carrying in the first place?

·
Registered
845 Posts

To answer your two questions, no and no.
You have to have a background check.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Huge gun and self protection advocate here! I carry, many of my friends carry etc. Here's my thoughts, if they would stop making the true victims out to be criminals for protecting themselves criminals would think twice about committing these stupid crimes. I read 2 articles this week alone where an intruder broke in and the home owner shot and killed they guy and now they are up for possible homicide charges. All this talk of gun control, background checks etc. are more than that, they are part of a bigger picture, control period! Its also getting back to teaching self worth and respect for people/life in general and until then things are going to remain or get worse. Its sad to say but its every man for them self any more. One more thing, I hate it when the media reports on a story like the couple I read this week and doesn't follow it up reporting that the home owner was found innocent but that doesn't make good ratings just the "holy crap" stuff. Main stream media is a f'ing joke and has been for some time now but there are still people out there relying on them to bring them the "truth"....good luck with that, they would rather report on Justin Bieber than troops killed etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts