Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted hagon shocks, one inch longer than stock.
Big difference, the ride is much better and I haven't bottomed the suspension once yet. The ground clearance is way better too.
On the down side I put the stock seat back on, the springer feels too high for my legs now, wasn't really coming to terms with that seat anyway.
The bike feels a bit heavier now it is higher off the ground but not a problem.
I really don't like the amount of air under the back fender now, looks wise. Think I will heat and bend the fender stays down a bit.
My bobber seems to be ending up more of a roadster at present, but I really like the handling. Haven't scraped a peg yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I like the fact that you say you have better handling and better ground clearance. For me, a motorcycle should function well first and look good second. But I don't think it looks bad, just less "bobberish" without a low hugging fender.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the fact that you say you have better handling and better ground clearance. For me, a motorcycle should function well first and look good second. But I don't think it looks bad, just less "bobberish" without a low hugging fender.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Indeed. I preferred the look before but ride-ability is the most important thing. Just have to change my thinking on the styling a bit.
The thing is a hoot to ride now, I'm riding more like I did twenty years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts