Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my spill, I think my handle bars have been pushed back a bit. Now I haven’t ridden yet but moving the bike in it’s spot in the garage made me wonder. Can any one help with this? Do I remove metal buttons? If so how? Thanks in advance. Also any one have a tank? Any suggestions for getting the scuffs out of the windshield? 58B436E4-F2C6-407A-B02D-2C371C3EEDDC_1550802490626.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,474 Posts
Here's the installation instructions for your tachometer setup. Basically you are going to loosen the 4 corner bolts and rotate bars to desired position. The bars might rotate freely so be careful you don't pull any wiring loose. Mark sure and tighten up bolts pretty tight, if you don't you might have bars rotate when you going down the road, and yes that's experience speaking. ����. I've had pretty good luck getting getting marks off windshields with a headlight restoration kit you buy at any auto parts store. I've taken really scuffed up windshields and made them usable. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
those little buttons over the bolt heads pop up with the edge of a pocket knife

use a torque wrench when you tighten them back up, dont guess, if the steering head is aluminum you will strip it right out before you know what happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts