Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can any one give me clues on how to loosen these handle bars to adjust them? If I have to remove the buttons, how do I do that? Thanks
I believe the buttons pop off. On my old bike, I used a knife, wrapped in a microfiber cloth so it wouldn't scratch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I adjusted My bars, I loosened 1 side, then the other a little at a time, then I'd push/pull the bars 'till they moved,
then set them where I wanted them.
Ideally, another person could loosen the bars while you hold them, get them into the position you want, have the person re-tighten the bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have an old credit card that I filed the edge down some to pop off buttons like that. That way the button and the chrome do not get scratched. A small pocket screw driver if used very carefully will work as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dental pick, knife, finishing nail.... whatever fits and then I throw the buttons away.

I do away with all of these decorative covers because I find that they trap moisture and dirt and cause corrosion which is difficult to see when covered. My 1200 Sporty had these decorative covers everywhere... one of the POs spent a fortune on them... dirt was packed between the reg/rec cooling fins, a considerable amount of corrosion had started on both brake master cylinders, cylinder head bolts, switchgear and lever allen bolts (and plenty more items) all because of these decorative chrome covers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dental pick, knife, finishing nail.... whatever fits and then I throw the buttons away.

I do away with all of these decorative covers because I find that they trap moisture and dirt and cause corrosion which is difficult to see when covered. My 1200 Sporty had these decorative covers everywhere... one of the POs spent a fortune on them... dirt was packed between the reg/rec cooling fins, a considerable amount of corrosion had started on both brake master cylinders, cylinder head bolts, switchgear and lever allen bolts (and plenty more items) all because of these decorative chrome covers.
Do you replace with anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts