Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Bluetooth ear buds with my cell phone for some time and I am getting tired of pushing them back in my ears so I am looking to install a stereo on my handle bars.I have a 2009 Royal star touring deluxe and was wondering if anyone has added this feature to their Touring deluxe.Any input and maybe some pics would be greatly appreciated.Thanks gary

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,414 Posts
The issue with fairing or handlebar mounted stereo is adequate quality of sound at volumn needed to hear. Do you have stock exhaust, if so volumn might not be an issue. But with louder exhaust you have to turn the volume up pretty load to be heard. I've got a full fairing mounted stereo with all the bells and whistles on my bike with medium loud exhaust and at speeds above 55 or so I've really have to turn it up. My stereo will even automatically lower volume for lower speeds. I do not use the bike stereo much at all. I use my Uclear Bluetooth with helmet speakers. Even with my old ears it works very good. I'm totally wireless with a USB charger and phone mount for convenience. My Bluetooth will last between 8 or 9 hours on a charge. I don't like playing music loud enough for other cars to hear with my fairing mounted stereo, that's just a me thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts