Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to mix things up a bit. My 03 650 Classic still has the stock bars and over the winter while waiting to get back in the saddle, I have grown bored of them and want to swap them out.

I see everything from Drag Bars to Ape Hangers out there in 1" to 1.5". Anyone have recommendations for their favorite set up as far as style, thickness, risers required etc? I like the look of the hangers but I am not keen on dropping a ton of extra cash on changing all the cables. Also law in BC is highest point on the bars can't be over shoulder length. Anyone know what that would be? A 12", 14" or 16" set?

I am brand spanking new to the handle bar game so any info (the more details the better) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have Burly Longhorn Beach Bars on 4" pullback risers. 4inch tall x 1.5 inch back. The Tilt keeps my tach from blinding me in the sun. Make sure you check the risers for size as Harley risers are .8" and my Star came with 1.2" thick. Do a search for handlebars on the site I think I posted an article on fitting them either here or on the YMF site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i put a set of 4" risers and a set of buckhorn bars on my 650 it improved both control and ease of sitting as your not spread apart reaching throttle etc. Im only 5.6 so this matters. also cables fit just fine no modification needed. Now if it would just stop snowing. glenn swontario

·
Registered
778 Posts
i put a set of 4" risers and a set of buckhorn bars on my 650 it improved both control and ease of sitting as your not spread apart reaching throttle etc. Im only 5.6 so this matters. also cables fit just fine no modification needed. Now if it would just stop snowing. glenn swontario
Where did you get the buckhorn handlebars? I've been looking for some and all I find are ape hangers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got them through my yamaha dealer in london ont the part # is 16-H55235 im not sure the maker i believe it was made in holland . they called it HBAR BUCKHORN was 70$ so us should be less hope this helps .glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts