Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've been tweaking my bike to better fit me. Has anyone seen a stock height handle bar that will work on my 1100 that does not pich backwards like the stock bars at the end? Kinda wanting something like a cross between a drag bar but stock height if that makes sence. I've been looking on eBay and some of the bike websites and can't find what I'm looking for. I moved up my bars quite a bit further then the stock location actually had to remove the top bolt from my windshelid and it made a huge difference no pain in shoulders but I need about 1 extra inch to be perfect

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hard to find them with rise but no pull back. How about getting 1"-2" or taller risers and a drag bar?

I have shoulder and neck issues as well and apes totally solved all my riding discomfort. I started with 12" then moved to 16" and I'll never go back to regular bars.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
On my 1100, I just had to change the upper brake hose for the 12". I'm not sure on the Roadie. I changed them all for the 16". Keep in mind that it is recommended to change rubber brake hoses every 4-5 years anyway. I went with stainless steel braided lines this time...much better performance.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking about doing the risers and the drag bar I don't think I've seen any that go high enough to hit that no pressure spot. Sucks being all jacked up. I'm tempted to try and take my bars off and see if my friend at the muffler shop might be able to tweak then a tad

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You know....I can't remember for sure, like maybe 2"-3". I just called Tim at Metric Magic and he got it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts