Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one and where did you buy it from? I've been looking at getting one and wonder how well built and reliable they are with regard to being waterproof.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I also have the stem nut mounted style. I bought it off EBay for about 1\2 the price of the previously suggested site. It's actually a lot better quality than I was expecting. Not real sure on the waterproof level but you can always pop the clock out of the base when you give her a bath if your worried about it. If you ride much after dark I suggest getting the illuminated model. I love mine!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,444 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wifey bought mine for a gift from Fleabay. I think they were ~$26 for both the clock and the thermometer. They blend well with the speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had looked at getting one of these clocks a few years back. The local bike shop here had a few in the display case but they were all like $80 or more. Went cheap and ended up getting a nice digital wrist watch (water proof) from Walmart for like $12. I attached it to the handlebar over on the left side up near the handle grip. Works well and easy to see in that location. Lights up too. Not fancy but does the job and most people don't even notice it's there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up going with the one recommended by summer on ebay. Also grabbed a thermometer as well. Thanks to those who posted in this thread.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The ones pictured here look great. One thing folks might consider when purchasing a clock, you might instead get a gps...if that is something you are also on the fence about as they have a clock on them too. Just a thought.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had looked at getting one of these clocks a few years back. The local bike shop here had a few in the display case but they were all like $80 or more. Went cheap and ended up getting a nice digital wrist watch (water proof) from Walmart for like $12. I attached it to the handlebar over on the left side up near the handle grip. Works well and easy to see in that location. Lights up too. Not fancy but does the job and most people don't even notice it's there.
Great idea !!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bought one of those white-faced handlebar-mounted ones for about $10 from eBay.
The seller was in China and so it took SEVEN WEEKS to arrive...
but it looks good, identical to the pics above, and seems to work well enough.
It is very useful, as I find when I'm riding I completely lose track of time!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought one of those white-faced handlebar-mounted ones for about $10 from eBay.
The seller was in China and so it took SEVEN WEEKS to arrive...
but it looks good, identical to the pics above, and seems to work well enough.
It is very useful, as I find when I'm riding I completely lose track of time!
Same here. I have a factory digital clock on the cluster of my 2007 Yamaha R6 sport bike and I get used to that one when riding that bike. It is nice to just glance down and see it. When I"m out on the V-Star I lose track of time and when I want to know it's a matter of pulling off to check my phone to see. Glad I finally got a stem nut mounted clock. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts