Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a quality handlebar phone mount for my 2014 V-Star Custom. I have just begun researching this online, so I admittedly don't yet know much at all about the best way to mount a phone on my ride. I have just ordered the new "Xiaomi Mi 9" phone, which is quite large, with a 6.4 inch screen. So, I'm curious if any of you may know of an excellent-quality handlebar mount that can accommodate a big phone... a mount that's durable and hopefully simple to install, and it needs to be able to rotate 360 degrees.

Any suggestions regarding the best styles/makes/models? I would love to hear from you, and hopefully you can post pics of your setup.

Thanks,
Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will try to include a link to one that I have bought and really like. It looks like they have changed the style a little, which is actually closer to the "mod" I had to make mid ride to the set up I have by adding the rubber grip thing. It is fairly universal fit on the handlebars and can be positioned pretty much however works best for you. The added benefit is that you can charge while it is held in place without having to have a power port or extra wiring running everywhere. I was able to tie it in to the acc plug under the seat of my Raider and have had no trouble out of it in the last year.

https://www.amazon.com/PROCYMD-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Handlebars-Diameter/dp/B01LYS63BH

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've had the Ram mount for a couple of years. I do use a phone case with a flip cover and must remove the phone from the case when I use the mount. I run a power cord under the tank and zip tied to the frame down to the battery tender. Very satisfied.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I got one for a bicycle that is similar to the one in Alpha's link except it has no USB port. I searched for motorcycle but nothing really came up until I tried bicycle. I can't recall the name but I found it on eBay and it was surprisingly inexpensive. It holds my phone securely, easy to install and remove, and is fully adjustable for phone sizes and position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used the RAM mount on my bike for years, and have been very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use a RAM mount clone from Amazon that has a built in USB port which I've run down to my battery. I can't recall if it had a fuse in it or if added one.

It holds the phone pretty solidly but I don't like the built in USB port because now I can't just remove the mount when I don't need it and it's quite ugly when there isn't a phone in it. I am going to cut the wire and add some connectors for this year. But..keep that in mind. Don't get one with a built in USB port if it's something you don't want permanently mounted on the bike.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. I found a great deal on a Roam Co-pilot mount and ordered it today. When it arrives I will let you know what I think of it.

Thanks again,
Glen

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That looks very similar to the one I have. It's worked great for 2 years now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have found what I think is called a bowtie, it goes around the speedo on the v-star and can have a simple pouch or I think I saw a phone pouch and other things. It was on bike bandit as I recall.

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. I found a great deal on a Roam Co-pilot mount and ordered it today. When it arrives I will let you know what I think of it.

Thanks again,
Glen

I've got the same one. Bought it for price and was going to update to better one later. Well that was about three years and two bikes ago. I'm a cheapskate on most things, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts