Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I plan to replace the handlebars on my 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer with something more comfortable (more pullback). From what I've read, there are several options:

1) Replace with re-designed OEM bars for 2010-up V-Star 1300's (part # 3D8-26111-10-00). I hear they have more pullback.

2) Replace with RSTD bars. Here there are options also, depending on if I go with Yamaha RSTD bars, Baron RSTD (part # BA-7308) bars or bars from SS Custom Cycle (Shane). The Baron's seem inexpensive, easy to get at Amazon, and don't require any cable changes:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V88IL6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TGC5XRRCX4P2

The thing concerning me about the Baron's bars is the "rise" seems several inches shorter than the other bars (I think the 8" rise in Amazon ad may be incorrect; it was 4-5" everywhere else I looked).

Has anybody tried the Baron's BA-7308, and/or compared it to these other bars? Does the shorter rise cause any problems?

Thanks!
Gary

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could also purchase 2010 1300 vstar bars they have 3 inches more pullback same cables no mods. Also I believe there is only one company that sells risers that will work with 1300's and they are expensive. The speedo being part of the mounting hardware is why not just any risers work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts