Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom and I wanted to raise up my handlebars by installing some 2"-5" risers. However, I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me how much of a riser lift I can go without having to change out or install longer cables? I would really like to avoid that.

Also, just as a side note. I installed the Cobra tachometer. The one that just bolts to the left side handlebar bracket. If I change out my stock risers for another set of yamaha risers, should the bolt holes line up the same for all of them?

Please advise, and thank you very much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
pawpawmike

Hi, I have a 2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom and I wanted to raise up my handlebars by installing some 2"-5" risers. However, I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me how much of a riser lift I can go without having to change out or install longer cables? I would really like to avoid that.

Also, just as a side note. I installed the Cobra tachometer. The one that just bolts to the left side handlebar bracket. If I change out my stock risers for another set of yamaha risers, should the bolt holes line up the same for all of them?

Please advise, and thank you very much!
please goto WEBSITE for ROX ADJUSTABLE CRUISER HANDLEBAR RISERS Ijust purchased the chrome2.75inch rise x 1inch.the colored picture is a V-STAR 1100 SILVERODO the pic looks pretty good I should receive them next week.Take a look and tell me what yu think

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Risers

I have been told you can go 2.5 inches without changing cables.

When deciding how much to go keep in mind moving handlebars up also moves them rearward. Due to the rake of the front forks and triple tree. I added one and a half inches up and it also gave me 5/8 reaward move. That small move was noticable.

Also consider changing handlebars is another option. But you will need to move all the controls.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
pawpawmike

I have been told you can go 2.5 inches without changing cables.

When deciding how much to go keep in mind moving handlebars up also moves them rearward. Due to the rake of the front forks and triple tree. I added one and a half inches up and it also gave me 5/8 reaward move. That small move was noticable.

Also consider changing handlebars is another option. But you will need to move all the controls.

Dave
Thanks for the info it helps me with the decision on which way to go.I should recieve the ROX risers mid week and hopefully Iwill be pleased thanks again Pawpawmike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 05 classic and really would like to add risers too. The Rox Adjustable Cruiser Risers referenced above are very appealing. My concern is my handle bar clamp in one large clamp vs 2 smallerclamps as shown in the website picture. Does anyone know if that would affect compatibility? Thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Riser top

The stock top in the picture I am looking at is one peace. The two peace part is on the aftermarket riser part. If in doubt contact the seller. Info below.
Dave

We can be reached via email at:

[email protected] for product availability, shipping, etc. and

[email protected] for tech question's only

by telephone at 218-326-1794, or by
fax at 218-327-1006 (8 AM and 4:30 PM CST)

Rox Speed FX Inc. is located in Northern Minnesota

·
Registered
410 Posts
I put on the Baron riser/tach combo on my 06 1100. Only issue was having to reroute the cables and repostition the brake hose and mastercylinder. I sure like having the tach.
Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts