Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
is there a ready made wire extension kit for the liners?
or does anybody know what gauges those wires are? meancycles sells a kit but all wires there are 20 gauge and some wires in the harness are thicker. there are no markings on them either.
need to extend wires for mini apes

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,482 Posts
There are not any pre-made kits that I'm aware of. Most will pickup a used wire harness off eBay or a used motorcycle salvage site and slice them together. Best part of this, all wires are same gauge and color. Soldering all joints it's as original as you can get. Second method is splicing your own wires in. You would want to do this in the middle of the wire so the ends keep connectors. Either way works, just solder all wires and use shrink tube to weather proof the joints. Good luck and keep us informed on your project.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i extended the wire harness over xmas. had to add 8”.
now looking for black brake, clutch hoses and throttle cables. wanna get 3 line kit so it looks more oem than 1 line to each calliper that i have now

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im customer of theirs :)
so far i saw tons of chrome lines and not much black ones, especially 3 line kits
mean cycles has a brake line kit that i want, now if they can sell me matching clutch and throttle lines. sent them an email

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i need to drain front brakes and leave callipers and mc empty for some time. is it ok? do i need to do anything special when i refill the system. what is the general consensus here :)

·
5,482 Posts
I wouldn't. The calipers and master cylinder are alloy and corrosion will set in very quickly. Here is Houston there will be a film of corrosion start overnight with our high humidity. I've learned to leave the fluid in them, just stand them up so fluid won't leak out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
going to check out local moto show this weekend and if nobody sells lines there will order from these guys

anybody have any experience with them?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just undo the lines and Duct tape the connections leaving the fluid in them....
im more concerned about mc and clippers, don’t want anything happened to them while im ordering new lines.
but i also want to mount brake and clutch mc so i can drill holes in the handlebar and measure line length properly before i order them.
decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Go to an auto parts and see if you can find some plastic plugs to fit on MC and calipers where the lines fit. then you can remove the lines and leave the fluid in them and do your mock up work and measure your line length.

·
5,482 Posts
Go to an auto parts and see if you can find some plastic plugs to fit on MC and calipers where the lines fit. then you can remove the lines and leave the fluid in them and do your mock up work and measure your line length.
And they are cheap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can anybody point me to a wiring diagram for the roadliner? tnx
also, when u turn the ignition key on the forward turn signals come on and stay on? i dont remember

·
5,482 Posts
Here's the link for a free repair manual. Last few pages have full wiring diagram along with sub section diagrams thru out manual.

Mazko.Net › docs › bikersPDF
Web results
Roadliner/Stratoliner Service Manual - Mazko.Net

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi guys, anybody knows torque specs for banjo bolds? cant find it anywhere. 15 ft/lb should be enough?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts