Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to replace my stock bars with a set of 6" rise tee bar drag bars. I know that my existing bars are 1 1/4", which seems to be a little odd in the handlebar market. Can I replace the 1 1/4"'s with 1 1/2 as long as they still have the regular 1" grip section? They wont be mounting in any stock riser, the riser is built in so they will just mount directly through the stock 4" on centre bolt holes. I think the fatter 1 1/2 looks a bit nicer and is easier to get a hold of.

Anyone ever do it?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm not sure what V Star you have, but every one I've seen has 1" bars in the stock set up.

To answer your question though....yes...some 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" will fit...keep in mind that the riser spacing is wider than the standard Harley set up which most bars are made for. Unless you get springer bars or bars made for a metric cruiser, you may be trying to modify your risers to get them to fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should have given more detail. It is a 2004 650 classic. I will go measure them again, but I am pretty sure they are 1 1/4. I do know I need to make sure they are 4" on centre for a metric cruiser. I was just uncertain about the bar diameter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.... I guess that goes to show how much I "know" about things.....

Upon an additional measurement, the bars ARE 1".

Back to the drawing board I guess!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well.... I guess that goes to show how much I "know" about things.....

Upon an additional measurement, the bars ARE 1".

Back to the drawing board I guess!
As long as your mounting holes line up and they are stepped down for your controls and grips to fit, you're good to go. 1 1/4" bars may be the way to go and are a pretty common diameter. I have that diameter on my roadstars and they look beefy enough for me. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts