Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 1100 to a shop. Checked and cleaned my carbs several times. It floods out worse than ever. This is my first motorcycle and I'm losing interest by the minute. Lousy start. I should have bought something fuel injected. Thanks guys for the advice and pointers. I do appreciate them!!:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plugs were all black. When it dies and I try to restart I get flames out of both pipes. Hard on my bag and lights on that side. Mine are 17.5.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Took my 1100 to a shop. Checked and cleaned my carbs several times. It floods out worse than ever. This is my first motorcycle and I'm losing interest by the minute. Lousy start. I should have bought something fuel injected. Thanks guys for the advice and pointers. I do appreciate them!!:confused:
Yup...you're just missing something. Sometimes it's best to let somebody work on it that knows what's going on in there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried both. The more I rode it the worse it got. I don't get it. I pushed it the last two blocks. Was afraid someone would call the fire dept.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Runs Too Lean.

The guy I took the V Star to told me I needed to rejet the carbs. He said it was running too lean because someone removed the baffles from the exhaust. Everything else is all stock. Which parts do I need to switch out to accomplish this? Suggestions on the numbers? I don't want to spend the cash on new pipes yet so I just want this bike to run good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Black plugs but running lean thats questionable. Check the main jet size in there, as for flooding is the float height right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably something little...

I'm no mechanic, but shortly after I got my bike, I took it to a shop for a good once over. Picked it up and on the way home it was dyeing out at every stop. Took it to a closer shop because I didn't want to ride it all the way back to the to the first shop with it not running well. The guy rode it around the block and told me I needed a Jet Kit to solve the problem. Bout $250 plus install. I thought gee, it was running fine, go for oil change, now it's not. So I passed on the jet kit fix. Came home and was wiping it off, and found the end of a little rubber tube at the top of the motor under the tank area. Was only couple inches long so it couldn't need to go very far. Found a nipple that was just in the right place and just the right size. Started the bike and it ran like a dream. Was some kind of vacuum tube. Went back to the shop and told them where they could go with their Jet Kit fix. Shop went out of business and now has a new owner. It will all come together, and you will have many miles of enjoyment. Ride safe!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes mate with a CV carb they have a vacuum pipe, without they will still ride but never tick over 4cyl will just tickover very lumpy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts