Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to take a moment and wish every member and their families the best the Holidays bring this time of year. I’m honored to be a member and serve as a moderator on the best forum going.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’d like to take a moment and wish every member and their families the best the Holidays bring this time of year. I’m honored to be a member and serve as a moderator on the best forum going.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Keth post Same back to you and your family and may God-bless you and your family In this New Year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Braaapy Holidays to everyone! I'm wishing we all get the chance to relax and enjoy our loved ones.

Let the new year be filled with plenty of motorcycle adventures!

(By the way, this was my Yamaha FZ6, on a warm Christmas eve in 2015.)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Merry Christmas to all. Hopefully Santa is good to all with some quality family time. It's 38 degrees and sun shining here in Houston. Wife needs me to run a few errands, she even suggested taking bike. So it's bundle up time and hit the road.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Happy Birthday and a very deep heartfelt thank you to Sir Issac Newton

If he were still alive he would be 375 years young on Dec 25th :^)

·
Registered
609 Posts
About the only good thing about Christmas to me is the food, and 24 hours of Christmas Story on tv. I couldn't care less about presents or lights. I'm not a Scrooge, it's just Christmas had become so ridiculously commercial that it's kinda pointless to me.

Bah hum-bug
Completely agree. The commercialization is ridiculous, not to mention the whole 'christmas push' starting the day-after-halloween lately. I can remember as a kid when nobody even -thought- about Christmas 'til after Thanksgiving...

My wife and I long ago, during some lean times, agreed to only exchange 'token' stocking-stuffer type gifts and focus instead of time with each other, friends, and family. Even when times became less-lean, we stuck to it and have no plans to change.

Which is why I'm done posting, and off to snuggle on the couch and watch some cheesy Christmas movies with my wife!

Merry Christmas to all! For those who don't celebrate it... sorry about all the stores being closed.

·
Registered
909 Posts
...Merry Christmas to all! For those who don't celebrate it... sorry about all the stores being closed.
That's too funny considering that a whole season of marketing, retail sales, extended store hours and abominations like Black-Friday and Cyber-Monday are aimed at people who celebrate Christmas. :p

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
putting the religious aspects of Christmas aside and in spite of the fact that biblical Jesus was more likely born in the spring or late September, nearly all cultures on Earth have some kind of winter solstice celebration or holiday.

For the last 100 years the days getting short and the nights being so long and cold has not been anywhere near as hard on people as it was before we had electric lights and gas heat and indoor plumbing. For everyone that lived away from the equator, the short days of winter have always been difficult and depressing.

The day when the orbit of the Earth swings around, and the days start getting longer again has always been celebrated.

If Christmas was observed at any other time of the year, it would not be such a big deal - like Easter or Passover or Pentecost...

Not to start a religious discussion by any means, but our cultural observation of Christmas has a lot of things all stacked up on one calendar date. Much of the significance of those cultural things have been buried by our modern conveniences, technology, and lifestyle. Going to Grandma's house 40 miles away in a horse drawn sleigh through the woods in the snow at night, is very different from taking a 777 to Orlando for the holiday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts