Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
My mother in her teens, she was 17 in 1944.

My parents when renewing wedding vows, celebrating 40 years in 1984.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy Mother’s Day to my grandmother Hazel seated with my grandfather Arthur. She was my mentor, inspiration, and supported everything I ever tried to achieve. We lost her in 1999. She may be gone, and there will always be a vacant spot in my heart with her loss, however she will never be forgotten! I love you Grandma!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
As a Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma, ~ Thank you for the wishes for all who have taken responsibility to rear the young ones!!! LOVE is the most important gift you can give!

YammyV
You sound too young to be a Grandma much less a Great Grandma. 😃. My wife totally agrees that love is the most important gift. She will take time spent with the grandkids over any other type of gift on holidays.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thank you Lesblank..and too, with the new 'ticker pump' I think I might have some added years to ride my bike again, once I decide what conversion kit to make it easier for me. Of course, cost plays a part in this endeavor, as well. You guys might see me cross country, yet?? That has been my dream from many years ago before I married and had a family. 'Grace and Grit'; Gloria Tramontan Struck and other articles, inspire me more to do something and take action to fulfill my dream. My brother who was killed in Vietnam was my hero and sidekick back in the 60's as we road the backroads through the mud having the best times ever. Those two little Yamaha 80 cc's took us on some interesting adventures!!

Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My favorite Grandma story is when she first heard radio. I believe her brother built a crystal radio and had to ground it to the kitchen sink. She remembered dancing in the kitchen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts