Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of HC 3" Straights used at a great price. I bought new brackets from HC. My problem is the online installation instructions have no illustrations, I need pictures I'm not a Smart Man.. anybody got any help.. i can probaly get some thing from Hc on Monday But I have Everything tore down for a weekend job.. thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
THE THING i NEED HELP WITH IS HOW TO MOUNT THE BIG BLACK BRACKET AFTER THAT I GOT IT.. IT SEEMS THAT NONE THAT NONE OF THE HOLES LINE UP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a set, unfortunetly the pipes and instructions are are work, can email directions if needed. Let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When you get them installed I would like to know how you like them and what kind (if any) of fuel management you are using.

Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Installed the pipes but its been raining since. I have a Power comander III to install I'll Keep you posted

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Air box?

Flame proof,

Wonder if you plan to make any changes in the air box? Some feel that in order to get the most out of a freer exhaust and a fuel controller you need to open up the air also.

The stock air box seems to be slightly restrictive to reduce noise. Intake noise will go up a bunch if you do open it up. Some choices, Big air kit, Leaving the top off the air box holding the filter with screws and washers, and the Brain mod putting a one quarter inch rubber spacer between top and bottom of the air box. The least noise comes from the Brain mod.

I kept my Liner stock. Didn't want the mileage loss and noise increase. But is something to think about. Is easy to restore it to stock on the last two. The Brain mod gets its name from its originator.

Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing I'm Doing now is a k&n filter I Want to stay away from the big air Just because of the noise, If i can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts