Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the hard leather covered bags that come with the stratoliner, what is the best product to keep them looking sharp and like new?

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I've been using mink oil. They look great

Yes indeed, mink are handsome animals.:D:D:D

But I must reluctantly agree with Stratowart in one of his rare moments of lucidity. Mink oil is the stuff. I use it on my saddlebags and my Ultimate seat as well.

Applies and penetrates the leather best in warm sunlight.;)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Cannot disagree with the other guys at all, I throw in what I do: I douche em down good a couple times a season with Armor All, works real fine for my still perky bags.
It's good to use armor all:D YES?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Bags

dpdslater,

I agree with Mink oil. It is what the owners manusl suggests.

I also have used a couple of other products. My leather started getting loose and dull looking. From neglect I suspect.

I cleaned them with Murphy's Oil Soap and water. It cleaned them up and shrunk them to fit again. I have seen where some old timers have used Murphy's Oil soap on leather for a long time. Saddle soap might have worked also.

I then used Doc Bailey's Leather Black to die, treat, and water proof the leather. They really did look new.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question/ checking my rear brakes on my new to me 06 stratoliner, the rotor is scored, the entirer rotor, like it comes this way and was not done by worned pads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Question/ checking my rear brakes on my new to me 06 stratoliner, the rotor is scored, the entirer rotor, like it comes this way and was not done by worned pads.
They wear that way especially with metallic pads more than with the organic. I would just check the rotor thickness to make sure it's at spec unless you purchased the bike new and know it's good. One side of my rear rotor was scored a little by the metal after the pad was gone. I just put new pads on and it's working fine that was 5,000 miles ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts