Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys and girls choose? I had throw-over bags on my last bike. Even though the underside was padded it still rubbed paint off the fender over time. I see a lot of zip-off saddlebags with a hardback. I'm thinking of buying some and just hard mounting them.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just a matter of happenstance for me. I like them both.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had throw-overs but hard mounted them to the universal bag mounts. My bags were Saddlemen Drifters and had a hard plastic back to them so it was easy. I used SS cable clamps with the rubber insert to go around the brackets then just some SS bolts and nuts. It worked out fine, they never moved after that. Now I have fiberglass hard bags, had the Saddlemen bags been bigger I would still have them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had throw-overs but hard mounted them to the universal bag mounts. My bags were Saddlemen Drifters and had a hard plastic back to them so it was easy. I used SS cable clamps with the rubber insert to go around the brackets then just some SS bolts and nuts. It worked out fine, they never moved after that. Now I have fiberglass hard bags, had the Saddlemen bags been bigger I would still have them.
I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious but what does SS stand for?

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Im a hard bag guy as well if you are permanently mounting them. They just last longer over leather bags and honestly look better. I look at it as a matter of this the soft leather can be easily opened stolen and anything else. Yes you can steal the hard ones two but you have to try a little harder and getting to anything you keep inside is a lot harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts