Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum for answers and came out with none, please let me know if i am wrong. I have a 2007 vstar 650 custom with v&h pipes on it. lately It has had a issue where is will intermittently will not want to start. This only happens after I go for a good ride and leave it to cool. I have had the carbs professionally cleaned and i replaced the vacuum lines and the intake manifolds in-between the carbs and the engine. The shop i have been taking it to for the carbs cant verify the concern because it doesnt happen all the time. I currently ordered a service manual and i wanted to know what others may think about this issue. There is not that many more months of riding time here in Ohio before winter so please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have an update, i went to check the plugs and i put them up to the frame, i didnt see any spark. i did some reading on no spark issues and i ended up testing the pickup coil wire. My tester came up with .380 M ohm which my guess is 380 ohms but im not exactly sure. does anyone know what .380 M uhm means?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts