Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installing a Harley fairing on my 2009 1100 Classic. Anybody done this and if so, which Harley fairing did you buy, Harley model, year, etc. I know there will be some fabricating. Memphis shades has treated me well but, I really like the look of the Harley fairing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm considering installing a Harley fairing on my 2009 1100 Classic. Anybody done this and if so, which Harley fairing did you buy, Harley model, year, etc. I know there will be some fabricating. Memphis shades has treated me well but, I really like the look of the Harley fairing.
I just had a thread on this, you would have seen it if you had scrolled down half the page...theres an excellent write up on there.

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=382042#post382042

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barman, that's the look I'm going for. I had read the posts from GreenMTNRider but, my question had been what year and model Harley fit the best or at least work well. Great pics.

·
Registered
342 Posts
All the HD batwing fairings are pretty much the same. If you get an older model, they were fiberglass but the newer ones are ABS plastic. As long as you're not trying to mount a Road Glide fairing, it won't really matter which one you get.

·
Registered
458 Posts
All the HD batwing fairings are pretty much the same. If you get an older model, they were fiberglass but the newer ones are ABS plastic. As long as you're not trying to mount a Road Glide fairing, it won't really matter which one you get.
Exactly

I just went with the ebay knock off that was gel coated to ease in paint and prep work as I do my own body work on anything. It was around 250ish i think. The link to the one O bought is in the other thread. It came with mounts and I had to do a little modding.

Other than that you will just find used broken genuine harley stuff that you will have to repair and pay about the same to just get it plus shipping.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in the final stages of installing one on my 1100 Classic.
I found a 1969 Harley FLH fairing at a swap meet for $5.
The biggest problem with one from these years is the windshield is separate from the fairing. Stupid setup. It doesn't have a lip on it that the windshield would bolt to.
I fabricated my own bracket for it to work with a custom cut windshield.
I got to get it all together because the riding weather is finally here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No idea which year/model mine is but it was on my 1100 Classic when I got it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts