Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Lady claims they were taken off for her by previous owner. So diameter is off and what else? Jetting or is there an adapter kit? Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks. Lady claims they were taken off for her by previous owner. So diameter is off and what else? Jetting or is there an adapter kit? Thanks

Father in law has a set off his old street bob I was looking at the other day. I was looking at it because i was thinking of a little noise reduction. The pipe diameter can be dealt with plenty of reducers out there that can slip into the pipe and no one would know. The Harley mufflers also are adjustable for mounting points as well so a small bracket could be made or cut off your old pipes welded or bolted onto the Harley muffler. Looking at the construction at least the ones off this 06 Street Bob they are a straight through design with a honey comb catalytic converter that could be removed. Jetting may not be needed since these would be slipped onto the existing down pipe. It's all a matter of how much work you are willing to do. Cost wise I know i could get these street bob mufflers to fit my bike for about $20 in parts and about 2 hours of time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I don't know if it's worth the modding the mount. I will think about it. Is the sound aggressive?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks. I don't know if it's worth the modding the mount. I will think about it. Is the sound aggressive?
You dont need to mod the mount but you need to attach the mufflers im not sure it will show in this link but https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW0dXHWkb5zNVa1YWuvHjqqHSsf0C5yWDCpFermxPJU-vfhrkdSA

The Harley mufflers attach to the frame and have a slide type mounting point our bikes use hanger type mounting points you need to make a hanger its easy. As far as sound no clue a star wont sound like a harley but from a performance aspect the star muffler has tubes so the exh must flow into the chamber and the cat converter then its forced into a pipe then another pipe to exit. The Harley muffler is straight through except for where the exh gases enter there is a straight through honey comb converter far less restriction then the star muffler.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Are you talking about changing just the mufflers, or the front pipes too?

Doing the mufflers is doable with some modification ..... if it is a full system, good luck. Everything on the Dyna exhaust comes out at different angles than the 650. Unless you have a pipe bender to get the right angles, it's not going to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts