Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to a lot of tools and machinery and own a lot myself. I ordered my batwing, trigger lock, and 8" sheild on Friday. I was thinking of building a set of Harley lowers. Anyone have an approximate size of the deflector portion. I can figure out the rest. Just don't want them looking too big or too small, and I want them to work.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Can't help you, but please give us a review of your Bat Wing. I was looking at one for my V-Star 950. I'm 6 Feet Tall. Trying to determine which size Windshield as well? I might get the 5" when I basically don't want a window and maybe a 9" for everyday driving where I WANT the benefit of a windshield, maybe even the 12"?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help you, but please give us a review of your Bat Wing. I was looking at one for my V-Star 950. I'm 6 Feet Tall. Trying to determine which size Windshield as well? I might get the 5" when I basically don't want a window and maybe a 9" for everyday driving where I WANT the benefit of a windshield, maybe even the 12"?
Im only 5'7" and I ordered the 7" one that Memphis shades makes in gradient black. I guess we will see. If its too short Ill order a taller one. Those are the cheap part of a batwing. Ill keep everyone posted on how I like it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put my batwing on, I love the looks. It fit nice. However I'm gonna say this now. If you order one get a set of lowers. This thing buffets lots. If I reach down with my hand and keep my head up where it should be the buffeting lessens dramatically. And that's just my hand. So I'm gonna either build or buy some lowers to fix that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts