Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a harley trunk on a roadstar?
Is there a bracket that can be purchased to do this or would I have to fabricate one?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Wompus Rack

Check out wompusracks.com. They have a bracket for the roadstar.
I have one for the 950 with a knockoff harley trunk.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like the HD trunk, but I have a knockoff. Has worked well for me though. I made my own bracket out of 1/8" steel bars and a high speed grinder.

I have this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Trunk-Tail-Box-w-Top-Rack-Backrest-For-Kawasaki-Vulcan-VN-Cruiser-/380646217891?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a04858a3&vxp=mtr

Comes iwth backrest and top rack, best price I've seen on it yet. She loves it, and I can fit my full size dual laptop bag in it, or 2 helmets.
pictures please preferably of the bracket.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here's a rough shot. Kind of hard to get a picture of what's going on while it's all mounted up, but it gives you a good idea of how it goes together. Those two pieces of angle-iron bolted together like that made it to high, so I flipped the top one over so instead of up-over-up it's now up-over-down. I set the board on there to keep the box level with the back seat so I could make adjustments. Last fall I hit the ground at 50mph and the trunk held the back of the bike up so my soft bags were barely touched.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here's a rough shot. Kind of hard to get a picture of what's going on while it's all mounted up, but it gives you a good idea of how it goes together. Those two pieces of angle-iron bolted together like that made it to high, so I flipped the top one over so instead of up-over-up it's now up-over-down. I set the board on there to keep the box level with the back seat so I could make adjustments. Last fall I hit the ground at 50mph and the trunk held the back of the bike up so my soft bags were barely touched.

Good job thanks.;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Naturally after it's all fitted properly I took it off and cleaned it up real good with the grinder, then painted it a gloss black. It's virtually invisible on the bike, blends with everything else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Fatjay, Glad to hear you're ok after your accident. I got my HD trunk at a swap meet for 10.00, what a steal. I'm going to use the oem sissy bar mounting points and some quarter inch aluminum and put it together with alumiweld. I'll put some pics up when done.
And that would be great to get together for a ride sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts