Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all,

For the winter, thinking of ripping and replacing the Stratoliner Deluxe's poor excuse for an entertainment system with something more modern. For example:

• Get rid of everything under the fairing (I don't need speakers since I can stream music to a helmet system and don't want/need to blast my neighbors)
  • Install a flat/molded piece of plastic that I can then embed a single or double DIN system with Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Say a 10" screen with auto dimming
  • Add waterproof pockets for phones, DAPs, Etc.
  • Put some gauges (say embed in there one of those bluetooth tire monitoring systems and run it off of bike power instead of batteries and others
  • Switches for LED lighting around the bike (sometimes to be really visible and others just don't want to be too gaudy)
  • Either hinge a pocket up to reach the ignition, or go with another system for key less start which only uses the kill switch (however, this would mean if I don't hinge I can't lock the fork, but I'm seldom in a place where that concerns me)
  • Remove or adapt the existing audio controls or just use google or Alexa (Android user here)
I have a large EE and SW development background so as long as I can get Android Auto to display it, I can add other things like Engine status (Cylinder Head, EGT sensors, Last time/mileage since fill up as a gauge, Etc.).

So, if you were going to do something like this, anything else you would do/add or warn against? Thoughts appreciated

Bob

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Rearview camera has been my one dream to have on a bike. To see the idiots aiming for me in town.
Mirrors are ok , but to see directly behind is a different story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts