Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like in sharp curves my handle bars are to wide. Traded bikes with a friend which he had a Honda vtx 1300 which were narrow than mine and it handled better in corners

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems like in sharp curves my handle bars are to wide. Traded bikes with a friend which he had a Honda vtx 1300 which were narrow than mine and it handled better in corners
I understand how you feel about the stock 950T bars, they're too low and wide (beach bars). I switched to Flanders 10" mini apes and love them. Much better cornering control.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Stock handle bars on 950T are 1".
Yes they are low. I put pullback risers on mine and it was a more comfortable position for me. No difference in steering.
For me the 950 is soo easy to steer it almost steers itself.
Usually the wider the bar equals more leverage which makes it easier to steer.

Have you checked air pressure in front tire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes check air pressure before each ride 34 front tire ,36 rear tire. I go to Smoky Mountains a lot . Riding tail of the dragon 318 curves in 11 miles. It’s a challenge with the handle bars. Open gentle curves love the bike. Smoothest bike I’ve ever ridden on ruff roads.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Something taught in the MSF beginners course, which seems obvious when you say it outloud, but not when you are riding:

when you take an intersection corner and push the handlebars far in a slow turn, twist your shoulders with the handlebars

some people ride as if they must keep their shoulders perpendicular to the front wheel, and end up leaning forwards to reach with the outside arm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s a good point . Hope this old dog can learn a New trick.I do have shoulder pain after a 200mile plus day. Will try that for sure.Thanks so much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts