Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Haven’t seen Amercian for a while. Has anyone been in touch with him? Hope he’s ok. He use to chime in on the tech stuff pretty regularly.
He left StarBike Forums...I got a PM, that he felt admins were calling him a racist. I don't think they did AT ALL...but, everybody parses things different. Anyway, he has moved on....probably went somewhere else...and I wish him safe rides and interesting forum interactions, where ever they be...

I think the admins here are fantastic. They are VERY MUCH, hand's off...and let threads sort themselves out...

Joe

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven’t seen Amercian for a while. Has anyone been in touch with him? Hope he’s ok. He use to chime in on the tech stuff pretty regularly.
He left StarBike Forums...I got a PM, that he felt admins were calling him a racist. I don't think they did AT ALL...but, everybody parses things different. Anyway, he has moved on....probably went somewhere else...and I wish him safe rides and interesting forum interactions, where ever they be...

I think the admins here are fantastic. They are VERY MUCH, hand's off...and let threads sort themselves out...

Joe
That’s really sad. 😢 I felt he had a lot to contribute. We just got another SVTC owner who lives in Florida. Thought maybe those two could get together.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I did not think anyone called or inferred that he was a racist.

Sad to seem him leave. He seemed to have a plethora of information at hand. It's usefulness is up for debate. :wink:

If anyone chats with him. Pass along my good-tidings to him.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That’s really sad. 😢 I felt he had a lot to contribute. We just got another SVTC owner who lives in Florida. Thought maybe those two could get together.

Tony...I think he merely has gone into Submarine Mode. He'll be back. We all get over things, and if the forum is a great one, as this is....that draws good people like a moth to a flame. A good forum, is quite addicting....like coffee and SVTC's....y'know? :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I did not think anyone called or inferred that he was a racist.

Sad to seem him leave. He seemed to have a plethora of information at hand. It's usefulness is up for debate. :wink:

If anyone chats with him. Pass along my good-tidings to him.
I agree. Bill will be back. He's a good one... :)

Post Edit: "In fact, it was Bill (American) that even brought me here....he pointed this forum out to myself, on a YouTube blogger thread. I did not know this site existed, let alone the forum within."

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Joe
But but but EVERYTHING about conservatives makes you “racist” to a liberal. 🤣🤣
In today’s “climate”, ya just need to have thicker skin!
In truth, I didn’t see where any admin intimated such a thing, and I also agree they seem to be pretty much “hands off” unless it gets abusive which is proper.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Tony...I think he merely has gone into Submarine Mode. He'll be back. We all get over things, and if the forum is a great one, as this is....that draws good people like a moth to a flame. A good forum, is quite addicting....like coffee and SVTC's....y'know? /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
I like to live completely “addicted” by having coffee in my cup holder WHILE cruzin the SVTC! 👍😁

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like to live completely “addicted” by having coffee in my cup holder WHILE cruzin the SVTC! 👍😁
Both my wife and I had a Monster Mug fore and aft. I'm looking at something similar. I miss my sip, ride, sip, ride, sip, ride...as well!
I had the 60 oz size up front...and when I would go into a convenience store and fill it up...and when taking it to the counter to pay, I'd always wink at the gal/guy, and state; "This is my two state'er mug". I always got a smile...:)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Both my wife and I had a Monster Mug fore and aft. I'm looking at something similar. I miss my sip, ride, sip, ride, sip, ride...as well!
I had the 60 oz size up front...and when I would go into a convenience store and fill it up...and when taking it to the counter to pay, I'd always wink at the gal/guy, and state; "This is my two state'er mug". I always got a smile.../forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
With a 6.6 gallon tank and excellent gas mileage, your 60oz cup just means you pass everything EXCEPT a “REST STOP”!!
So your distance is not tank to tank but bladder drain to bladder drain!
ROFLMBO! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
It seems that our friend American (Bill) has surfaced and is now recharging the batteries...lol
I saw that post earlier this morning.
He’s a good guy that can’t resist helping someone.
We miss you HERE Bill! 😁

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/2-starbikeforums-rules/1-forum-rules.html

"links to competing sites are prohibited and will be removed at the discretion of the moderators."
Thanks Bevo, no offense intended I’m sure. He was just letting me know where he found a common friend, but wasn’t aware I already knew about it.
I do have a valid question though. How do we post pertinent information to a subject that is located on another forum?
For example, (hypothetical) someone has technical knowledge of the SVTC that nobody here has and they’re members of a different forum and posted there great detail information which would benefit ALL current & future owners who are part of THIS forum?
Obviously posting it in a PM is useless since the forum as a whole fails to benefit from the knowledge or information.

What sayest thou? 😉

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
i know there was no ill intention. since there were multiple people it affected, i felt it best to leave an explanation why both of your posts were edited. and this same rule exists on most other forum sites as well.

you can mention or talk briefly about another specific forum, as long as you don't mention it by name, use a direct link, or encourage others to leave this site to go there. as for sharing specific information found elsewhere, you can use quotation to site specific passages you copy and paste from. if it is lengthy, just try to paraphrase with your own understanding of the subject matter. i'm a member of multiple other forums and i share information here that i gather everywhere. i often say things like "from what i've seen others post online, blah blah blah..." or "...in another forum i saw someone with this issue and did this to resolve it." so you can indicate that you're talking about someone else's experience or information without directly leading them to a competing site. if pictures on another forum would help with an explanation, i just generally say "you can easily find photos of such and such by google searching."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts