Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I wished that I had one when I was sitting on the side of I-80 in Pennsylvania. My riding buddy pulled over for a motorcyclist who ran out of gas. He siphoned about 2 gallons of gas into a little Sportster's tank. Haha. (So glad I have a nice friend who is mechanically inclined and believes in earning himself good Karma. Ha!)

But those 18-wheelers whizzing by made me want to keep my blinker flashing at least.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone installed a 4way / hazard flasher on their Strat? I know the Brit model has it as standard equipment and I sure would like to have a similar set up.
I was wondering why the vstar 1300 doesn't have a hazard flasher. For some reason I thought all bikes had one (comparing to the one and only other bike I've owned).

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Backoff XP Module has a hazard flasher option but it just flashes the brake light not the turn signals.
I have the Backoff XP Module set up on my Strat Deluxe with the hazard flasher. My rear signal lights are wired to work as running lights, as well, so they will flash along with the brake light. I have the Custom Dynamics "Dynamic Clusters 2" (red & amber) LEDs installed.

On my previous bike, I had installed the Backoff XP, along with the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake module, and red LED bulbs for the turn signals. That gave me maximum light display in the rear.
1) 3 running lights
2) 3 braking lights with intermittent flashing pattern
3) 3 hazard flashing lights (with wired push button switch)

When signaling a turn, while braking, those behind you will get a light show that they cannot miss. They will see the turn signal and the brake flashing at the same. Since the brake flashing is intermittent, viewers will be able to distinguish the turn signal. If using the "Dynamic Clusters 2" with the red and amber LEDs, the red LEDs will flash with the brake pattern, while the amber LEDs will flash the turn signal.

BTW - I have not yet tried to figure out how to wire the flasher to work on the front signal lights.

For all those wishing to install any modules, such as the Backoff XP and/or the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake, take the time to figure out how to create a plug-and-play harness. It is well worth the trouble at a minimum cost. You can get the 6-pin connector set that matches the wiring harness connector under the seat at CycleTerminal.com (HM-090 Sealed Connector for only $6, plus shipping).

Have fun! :grin:

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts