Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v star 650 classic. I was changing the bulb when I took off the bezel I noticed all the head light wires had been previously cut by the former owner. He said the head light work and it may be the bulb when I bought it. How do I get it rewired to work on a switch and start up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2000 v star 650 classic. I was changing the bulb when I took off the bezel I noticed all the head light wires had been previously cut by the former owner. He said the head light work and it may be the bulb when I bought it. How do I get it rewired to work on a switch and start up.
thanks I'll see if that helps
this is the head Light circuit from before the dimmer to the plug, this will have it turn on when bike is running.

View attachment 91546
this is the head Light circuit from before the dimmer to the plug, this will have it turn on when bike is running.

View attachment 91546
The main problem I have is my wires are not the color that is stated they look like the pp devious owner did a wire job ok n it lol

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts
Notice this was your first post. Might want to jump over and post in the New Members Introduction Section so we can get to know you. Jspree is correct, if not original wire the only way to know for sure is to backtrack the wires and hopefully you can see where they are spiced. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts