Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Moving from central CT to northwest GA. Bikes were loaded for the ride down south. Roads in the NE are pretty good, but what I've seen of the roads in NW GA is really positive. Picts of the bike (first time all three together) before loading.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Moving 馃槴馃樀
Make sure and do some reviews on your new roads.

Registered
Moving from central CT to northwest GA. Bikes were loaded for the ride down south. Roads in the NE are pretty good, but what I've seen of the roads in NW GA is really positive. Picts of the bike (first time all three together) before loading.
I also moved from CT to North GA.
The roads here are fantastic not to leave out a short ride to TN and NC. The Cherohala and the Tail of the Dragon are so close and the roads getting there are just as good. We have the blue ridge parkway as well.
Also the meet up in September is only a 90 minute ride. Then we are at the wheel thru time museum.
Best of luck on the move.

Super Moderator
We鈥檒l be glad to have you so close to us redcat. Everyone is correct in that are really good, especially in TN, GA, and NC. Once you guys get settled, let us know, maybe we can do a weekend run? Where exactly are you moving to in Georgia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
We鈥檒l be glad to have you so close to us redcat. Everyone is correct in that are really good, especially in TN, GA, and NC. Once you guys get settled, let us know, maybe we can do a weekend run? Where exactly are you moving to in Georgia?

I'll be in Jasper.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Also the meet up in September is only a 90 minute ride. Then we are at the wheel thru time museum.
Best of luck on the move.
Bikes show up 3rd week in September. Scheduled to close on a home end of the second week. Shipper is holding in storage for a couple of weeks as I close and get settled.

Super Moderator
Jasper is close, once the dust settles, let us know and we鈥檒l get some of us in the tri-state area to get together and give you a proper welcome!

Registered
Bikes show up 3rd week in September. Scheduled to close on a home end of the second week. Shipper is holding in storage for a couple of weeks as I close and get settled.
You are about 40 miles north of me. You are very close to the Cherohala Skyway that dumps you in the beginning of the Tail of the Dragon. You can do both in one day and be back for an early dinner.
I agree with Keith once you get settled we should plan a ride.
Goodluck with the move.

Super Moderator
Yeah, I looked up Jasper and you鈥檙e only 99 miles away. Be a good days ride, meet up, grab something to eat, and just cruise. The roads are really good. The wife and I will ride our bikes, GArider his SVTC, and get ChiefGunner and Michelle to bring their SVTC, and Nurteaff and Oxana and Toymaker, and anyone else that would enjoy a days ride! I think that would be a proper welcome, don鈥檛 you agree Rich?

Super Moderator

Registered
Yeah, I looked up Jasper and you鈥檙e only 99 miles away. Be a good days ride, meet up, grab something to eat, and just cruise. The roads are really good. The wife and I will ride our bikes, GArider his SVTC, and get ChiefGunner and Michelle to bring their SVTC, and Nurteaff and Oxana and Toymaker, and anyone else that would enjoy a days ride! I think that would be a proper welcome, don鈥檛 you agree Rich?

I agree, this would be a good start to welcome anyone to the south. WSB (Welcome South Brother)

Super Moderator
Sweet! Spetro, maybe we can all hook up to welcome redcat, Ellijay is far at all from us!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
If I get the bikes back in time, I might just do that. A three hour ride (each way) is what I did here last weekend up to Germantown in NY. A great way to spend the day. Thanks for invite.

Registered
If I get the bikes back in time, I might just do that. A three hour ride (each way) is what I did here last weekend up to Germantown in NY. A great way to spend the day. Thanks for invite.
3 hrs each way?? I used my bike yesterday to get to a job in Atlanta. It was 5.25hours ONE WAY. I got to meet up with @GARrider for a visit after work and then another 5.25 hrs home.
Pulled into the garage at 10:45pm.
Nice day! 10.5 hrs in the saddle! 馃榿

Registered

I鈥檓 down for it Keith!

Super Moderator
I think it would be a nice days ride, leave early enough in morning, home by dark! Meeting a transplanted forum member, eating at a new place, hooking up with other members from the area, doesn鈥檛 get much better than that eh?

Registered
If I get the bikes back in time, I might just do that. A three hour ride (each way) is what I did here last weekend up to Germantown in NY. A great way to spend the day. Thanks for invite.[/QUOTE

I will be headed up Tuesday Morning, should be there by 10am and headed back Tuesday evening.
I hope the bikes are in on time to come up.

Registered
I think it would be a nice days ride, leave early enough in morning, home by dark! Meeting a transplanted forum member, eating at a new place, hooking up with other members from the area, doesn鈥檛 get much better than that eh?

So Keith, whatever happened to this idea?

Registered

I'll be in Jasper.
So @redcat, how did the move go? Are you settled in yet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts