Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'14 1300 tourer.

As I stand in front of the bike looking at the headlight, which side adjusts the vertical (Up/Down)

of the light. Also, what tool do I need ?

thanks,

Rick

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,636 Posts
The hole on the right (throttle) side off the lamp bucket is the side to side adjustment. The clutch side hole is the up down adjustment. I use a long #2 phillips that barely fits through the access hole. You are not moving a screw head; it looks like the edge of a flat plate with gear teeth along the forward edge that you rotate with the edge of each tooth of the phillips as you turn the screw driver. Kind of looks like the screwdriver is a pinion gear and the adjuster is a type of ringgear. I shine a small flashlight along the screwdriver an get a pretty good view of whats happening.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the correct screwdriver, still no luck. :frown:

I put it in on a slight angle 'till it stopped. Any more angle in any direction, the screwdriver gets swallowed into the bucket.

What am I missing?
I'd hate to have to bring it to the shop. :crying:

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/49-v-star/33753-head-light-adjustment.html

There are no visible adjustment screws. The adjustment screws are in the small holes in the headlight cowling, you will need a #2 Philips screw driver (I prefer a longer one). Holes are located on each side of headlight in the ares of the signal lights, sitting on the bike the left hand side will raise and lower headlight beam clockwise raises, counter clockwise lowers. Right hand side moves left to right, clockwise left, counter clockwise right. Hope this helps.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts