Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Yamaha Vstar 650 Custom
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just painted my bike. keeping the stock front blinkers but i’m wanting to put a light bar where the headlight housing was. what y’all think?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,530 Posts
Are you thinking something like these:

Not real sure if the more modern look would compliment the Vstar. But everyone has a different idea of what looks good. Keep us informed on what discussion you make.

Reactions: chrishxrt

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes that’s exactly it. could u drop the link. and i’m only doing this because i effed up the stock headlight housing and i was like eff it maybe it will look cool. i also like the flush look on the forks. kinda gives it a harley look makes it look a little longer in the front

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,530 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/SpeedMotoCo-50mm-Motorcycle-Projector-Streetfighter/dp/B016AUZDQ4

These show out of stock

Here's another set

Attachments

Reactions: stratsurvivor

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
429 Posts
This website has some cool looking lights too...
www.bobbercycle.com
I haven't bought anything from them yet - I am tempted though as I like the idea of a raised front headlight on my bobber.

·
Administrator
14,545 Posts
i appreciate wanting something different, but aren't those basically fog lights? if so, they are probably not going to shine light very far down the road for you. maybe i'm wrong and those particular ones are headlight replacements, but i'd make sure before just substituting a headlight for a fog light.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i appreciate wanting something different, but aren't those basically fog lights? if so, they are probably not going to shine light very far down the road for you. maybe i'm wrong and those particular ones are headlight replacements, but i'd make sure before just substituting a headlight for a fog light.
no fog lights brother. these are high and low LED pods. but i found a whole new set up @ bobbercycle.com

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
429 Posts
no fog lights brother. these are high and low LED pods. but i found a whole new set up @ bobbercycle.com
Would love to see some pics of the final outcome. I really like the look of the grilled headlight from bobbercycle...

Reactions: Boog
1 - 10 of 10 Posts