Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2003 V Star 1100. The front headlight assembly is stock I believe. Does anyone know if there is support to be a gasket between the housing and the front ring that holds everything together. My bike currently does not. It rattles when I ride. I looked on Yamaha parts list and I don’t see anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they are but when I took it apart it had black electrical tape in there kind of acting like a gasket. So I just assumed that they wrecked it taking it apart one time and tried to fix it like that. That being said I think I should take it back apart and take the tape out. I left it there figured it was better than nothing. But I bet nothing is better.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,632 Posts
The headlight will rattle some without that spring clip. I lost mine and trimmed a piece on old inner tube to stop the rattle. It was supposed to be a temporary fix until I got a new clip. Well that was like 3 years ago and headlight is still happy with the inner tube fix. Plus with my newer, loader exhaust and the fact that I can't hear very well all is good. At least my wife says I can hear. ����

1 - 8 of 8 Posts