Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put insulation under their seat to keep the heat from that rear cylinder given them a hot rear.
What other modifications can you do to reduce the heat that comes off that rear cylinder head and radiates through the seat.
It's not really an issue in the spring or fall but In the Heat of the summer it's very uncomfortable.
I was thinking about getting the thin moldable insulation and applying it under the seat? Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,642 Posts
I use this, works great in the Houston heat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
While it doesn't decrease the heat generated from the bike, a puff of Gold Bond before heading out on a hot or long trip may help for when you get home at least. And maybe a little added comfort while out.

·
Super Moderator
6,755 Posts
AlphaOmega,
After I wrapped my exhaust with header wrap, it cut down heat coming from the bike by at least 30%. I was able to remove the factory chrome covers, wrap the pipes, and now the seat area and my right leg is a good bit cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,755 Posts
If you have chrome covers over the actual pipes themselves, you can wrap the bare pipes and put the covers back on keeping the chrome look. That’s what I did on my 950.
Header wrap for me has been well worth it, and it’s been worth the time to install it. Just a suggestion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
The easiest and a very effective solution...
Heat reflective tape. Sticky one side, heavy reflective foil on hot side.
Used under hood on snowmobiles, atvs, my truck etc. Keeps exhaust heat from melting plastic parts and surfaces.
At most auto supply stores. Hopefully you can find a smaller amount than a full roll.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts