Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at getting heated grips for my 2007 road Star. i was wondering if the factory handle bars are 1" or are they a different size.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I measured the outside diameter of mine and they're 1". (2006) I'm probably going to install Symtec Heat Demons on mine. I installed Hot Grips on my last two bikes. They worked well, but I want to keep the grips I have on the Road Star and the heat demons fit inside the handlebars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Symtec under grip heaters

I just installed Symtec under grip heaters on my 06 Road Star. I look forward to trying them out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently bit and bought a pair of battery heated gloves. I won't try that one again, but who's to say that there isn't a pair out there from a different manfct. that actually work. What I REALLY want is a pair of Gerbing gloves, but yikes! they're $180. I live in CA for Pete's sake. Heated gloves? really? Well, I've got skinny fingers and I want to ride year round. If I commuted or lived somewhere the riding season was short because of cold weather, I would totally go the Gerbing route and not get my hopes up about the battery powered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've never tried heated gloves. I have put heated grips on 3 bikes so far. You don't need to worry about plugging anything in or batteries. You just turn them on and enjoy the warmth!
The Symtec under grip heaters work well so far. I've used them with temps in the forties. Next week they'll get a better test, twenties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts