Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about switching to heel/toe shifter on my 2020 Venture, but the billet ones on the yamaha site seem way to expensive. Anyone know where to get something that fits and is a little less pricey?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thinking about switching to heel/toe shifter on my 2020 Venture, but the billet ones on the yamaha site seem way to expensive. Anyone know where to get something that fits and is a little less pricey?
I can't directly answer your question, but I do have the Yamaha heel/toe, as well as the rear brake pad. I really like them both. For sure, the heel/toe has saved my riding boots from getting worn out on the left top. This was always a problem...the boots are fine, except for the top just behind the toes. You will get good solid shifts up or down!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Probably need to measure the diameter of the shaft coming out and find something universal with the same diameter. I'm going to start looking also. No way in hell will I pay that much for the Yamaha stuff, crazy. It's possible something for a Roadstar or Stratoliner would work

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
689 Posts
I can't directly answer your question, but I do have the Yamaha heel/toe, as well as the rear brake pad. I really like them both. For sure, the heel/toe has saved my riding boots from getting worn out on the left top. This was always a problem...the boots are fine, except for the top just behind the toes. You will get good solid shifts up or down!
I added the overpriced Yamaha hardware as well, after a few months I forget how much I overpaid and just enjoy the heel shift. A word of warning if you go with the Yamaha version, the button head bolt they include with the kit (at least the one in mine) is way too short to properly engage enough threads to keep it solidly attached to the shifter. As it is a way big pain to get to I didn't check mine on a regular basis and it managed to unscrew itself as I was exiting the freeway at Rawlins, WY (about 1300 miles from home). I managed to get it put back together and got home with it (the details of that experience are in the Chaplain's Corner thread, if interested), but I will be replacing the bolt with a longer one I picked up today. I guess I neglected to lock tite the short buggar in during the original install, so it will get a good dose of blue lock tite and a longer bolt going forward.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's an odd shift lever and mechanism. May only be able to use the Expensive Stuff. I have had a heel toe shifter on a lot of bikes and truthfully rarely used it on any of them. Probably just stick with what it came with and buy a PC V instead 😊

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Roadstar xv1600a
47 Posts
I have the heel/toe shifter stock on my Road Star and absolutely love it. To me it feels like a lazy way of shifting gears which suits the whole laid back cruiser way of life. It also helps if you wear chunky boots, you don’t need to try and get that big toe in underneath the shifter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You know anyone in the United States of America who can fetch one from their local dealer and mail it at you? OE parts bought in the United States of America, in my experience, especially at a dealer, cost less than in Canada, that was the case when I got my 2nd key fob thingie ($402.50 in Canada, tax in) for $164.58 USD ($215.60 CAD in August 2015) -- that's about half, right?

·
Registered
2018 Star Venture TC
14 Posts
A bit late responding to this post, but I ordered my heel-toe shifter from Partzilla in the US back in April. Had the best price I could find even with the currency exchange. Shipped quickly to Canada and I was not charged duty or GST since it came by priority parcel (USPS). BTW - love the heel-toe shifter. Had one on my V-star 950 and now on the SVTC.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
A bit late responding to this post, but I ordered my heel-toe shifter from Partzilla in the US back in April. Had the best price I could find even with the currency exchange. Shipped quickly to Canada and I was not charged duty or GST since it came by priority parcel (USPS). BTW - love the heel-toe shifter. Had one on my V-star 950 and now on the SVTC.
The top of your riding boot will love you too!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I wore black tennis shoes for decades because of that. Heel toe on The Strat now I wear brown loafers. Is that an upgrade?
This is my first ever Heel/Toe tranny shift...and since I took delivery of my SVTC, no more marks, dents, depressions, scuffs..HOLES(!!!!) now seen in my left foot wear, whether riding boots, loafers, or tennis shoes. Love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to order the heel-toe shiftier, had one on my Nomad and liked it, but with a size 15 shoe, was only able to wear tennis shoes because my boot was to long to fit. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Greg

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
689 Posts
Here's a dimension. I wear an 8.5, so cannot relate to your foot. Excuse the bike's appearance, I've been running some motocross in my spare time.:cool::cautious::eek:

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
689 Posts
I should have mentioned my last ride was an '07 Nomad and the toe / heel shifter on my SVTC fits/feels about the same to me as on the Nomad.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
689 Posts
Looking for the heel portion of the heel/toe biller. It seems Yamaha stopped production of the product.
I'm afraid those parts might be hard to find. I looked for a few minutes and couldn't find anything, but be aware, you can not use the stock toe shifter with the heel shifter, you have to buy both the heel and toe shifter parts....Toe shifter part # is 2DF-E81A0-T0-00 and heel shifter is 2DF-E81A0-V0-00, in case you didn't already know.

My dealer (and I assume all dealers) can check stock at all the Yamaha stores and sometimes they can find one off things on someone else's shelves.

Good luck......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts