Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Star riders :)
Its been 30 years (thanks to the ex-wives...notice the EX part lol), but am finally back riding. Fortunate for me, my current wife has wanted a bike as long as i have and so, we recently purchased a 2000 V Star 650 Custom, and i must say.....I love this bike. The ticking (that i am learning from this forum is normal) is a bit to get used to, but is such an amazing ride. Since i bought it used, and am unsure of the maintenance history, i've already had a valve adjustment done and am about to have my forks done as they are leaking oil. Then a set of new tires....and I think the biggest issues are taken care of (I hope). I will also, in the future, start doing a lot of the maintenance work myself as i learn more about it and the bike.
Am looking forward to gaining more knowledge on this forum so......thanks for that in advance :wink:

Chris

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya Northern....the seats are pretty comfy lol. I got lucky in that the previous owner put a nice Mustang seat on it. I am not, however, thrilled with the saddle bags. They are pretty small and not mounted very well. They shake all over the place when riding. The wife said she couldnt even tell if my blinkers were on when she was driving behind me....so that sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts