Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new member, kinda old rider. Bought a 2005 V-Star last year. Had not ridden a bike since 1980 or so. Being a full figured kinda fellow I don't much care for the original seats. Wife and I can only manage 150 miles a day. Kinda disappointed, I practiced sitting most of th winter.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome fellow star rider or should I say star sitter.lol I think that's the biggest issue with a star. Do some surfin there are lots of seats out there that are better. It depends on your wallet size. I'm a tight arse I've modified my stock seat 3 times and it still doesn't feel right. Just ordered a gel pad the other night to give it a try. Good luck

·
Registered
821 Posts
:confused:Who was that Maskman?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum maskman...since we've already released the gimp, I guess you know that we are pretty laid back around here. Great information and great people. Sit safe and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it laid back Jarhead1100.
It's a grade school picture of Aussielad when he was 12. He loved dressing up in his sister's girdle.
It looks good at any age Aussielad

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Kinda new member, kinda old rider. Bought a 2005 V-Star last year. Had not ridden a bike since 1980 or so. Being a full figured kinda fellow I don't much care for the original seats. Wife and I can only manage 150 miles a day. Kinda disappointed, I practiced sitting most of the winter.
LOL I guess practice doesn't make perfect :D Welcome to the forum:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Maskman, Sugar Bear will throw a dull one in here, 150 to most riders is a trip around the block, unless you have deep pockets, you could try a sheepskin on your stock seat. It really does help alot for some riders. See what you gotta deal with here? Fun ain't it?I sure think so, great folks keep it goin! :D:D:D Welcome to the fray. Ride safe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sugar Bear, this is pretty mellow. Back in 1979 when I picked my now wife then date for the first time her mother had 37 relatives over for lunch. Felt like I was lunch. It is all fun now. Will checkout the Sheep Skin thanks.
As far as the 150 miles, I am in Vermont. 150 miles and you are in another state or Canada.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts