Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just joined a few minutes ago. I have been looking for a place to learn a little more about my '03 Road Star. I bought it about 2 months ago as a replacement for my '04 Venture. I had pretty major back surgery 8 months ago and it severely limited my throw-over ability with the Venture. My wife had ridden with me until 3 years ago when she had both cervical and lumbar surgeries. My riding has become mostly local, around town and the Venture was just too much for me to handle now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks here, and maybe getting a little info along the way, and am willing to help anyone if I can. I'm still an active member of the Volusia Owners forum, it was a Volusia that got me started back into riding waaay back in '02. Thanks for lettin' me join ya'll!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome and don't let anoybody BS you. Black bikes are fastest.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Boys you know better than telling the newbies wrong info. We all know the grey bikes are the fastest.Wrench you gotta be careful with that Sparkyd, he's from Washington. Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys, good to be here. Yeah, I've heard about them "left-coasters"!! I'm loving the 'ol Roadie the more I ride it. It's still got a little work to be done, evidently the previous owner was a tinkerer too, but that'll be a winter project. Planning on hard bags and a fairing, gotta get back as close to the Venture as I can. BTW hdeater, how do you like that Reckless fairing? I'm between that one and a new Invicta that a friend has for sale. I've also got some "leftovers" from both bikes that I'd like to offer for sale here if that's okay. Oh yeah hd, how'd you know mine was gray??

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, can't do red, red draws flies in the summertime here in Ky.!! LOL.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Uggghhh.... Blue is the fastest you dolts. Why else would it be Yamaha's official color? :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
We all know my bike is the fastest since I have red, white and blue paint! Silly boys fast motorcycles are for girls!

Welcome to the group Wrench!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I like her already, jumps right in and holds her own! I gotta say that paint is waaay cool. Plus, she's been to Virginia frickin' City.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bad news, wrench: she's Irish, paired off, got a kid, packs heat and has no sister.

Other than that.......

:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, let's see. I'm an old, fat, bald, redneck with no sibs. I've been spoken for well over 34 years, so the packin' heat thing don't compare to the scorn of a woman you been married to THAT long!!:) (Still don't keep me from liking her!!)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Paddy I cracked up "paired" love it! My little guy has all my attitude dangit. He has his dads Italian tone (thank goodness) but my green eyes. But I put him in hockey at age 4 so he can use his little attitude out on the rink.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wrenth I like her already! Tell her I will show her her away around a 12g. Nothing like a pist off women standing on the front step with a 12g in her hand. Teach you to leave her home with the kids all day while you went out riding. LOL

Hence why I started riding my own. Now I will leave his butt at home with the dogs and kid. LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoa, slow down!! She's an 'ol country girl, knows her way around most armament too. She had rode with me up til about 3 years ago when she had some disc problems in her neck and low back which has ended her riding for now. Kids are both grown and out on their own now too. Didn't mean to get that Irish dander up!!;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey wrench the reckless fairing works great.It's pretty thin fiberglass but you get what you pay for. It was the cheapest one out there when I bought it.I mainly got so I could have tunes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I gotta get my tunes back. I'm between the Reckless and a new Invicta that a friend of mine has. He had bought it for his Volusia, but traded it before he put it on. It has a Pyle marine-grade setup already in it, plus he has an extra windshield. It'll probably be around $150.00 more than the Reckless with the shipping added in, and it'll pretty much be a plug-n-play ready deal. I'm really leaning more towards it for that reason. Where did you get your paint, Color-Rite?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts