Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to you all from Idaho!
I just took the plunge and picked up an'08 Roadliner Saturday.
What a thrill-I still can't get the grin off my face after getting to go for a beautiful 2 hour cruise this evening.
I've ridden dirt bikes for 30 years and never had the urge to ride on the road until all my buddies started talking about all of the fun they have cruising around the country with their bikes. I get it now!!
The power and smoothness of this bike is absolutely incredible. I traveled over roads tonight that I have driven in my pickup hundreds of times, but it was like a completely new experience on the Roadliner. I'm hooked!
Bike is gorgeous black and in showroom condition with saddlebags. I do need to get a windshield or fairing to cut the wind and backrest for the passenger. Any thoughts on what to get?
Dave.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

I suggest that you hook up with the member JessieCarmack who just got a liner and wants to remove and sell what you want for yours. Can you say "kismet"?

·
Administrator
13,703 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Once you put the grin to rest, take the time to do a bit of restfull reading in the book of newb. There you will find some very interesting tid bits of information regarding our great little place on the interweb. Like what to do with those pictures of your ride that you took on those ear to ear grin rides :D.

Welcome to the forum, ride safe and remember road bike not dirt bike. Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome, hold on with both hands and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow liner rider. Yes what a thrill. I have had mine for about 3 years now and still can't wiper the grin off my face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts