Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!I'm new to the site! I'm from Missouri, and i ride a 2009 V star 950. Having a problem with engine code 34 & 33 sometimes. will be riding down the road and bike starts to cut out and then dies. Any idea what it is? Any help is much appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Welcome tl, I also own an 09' 950. Code 33 is a front cylinder ignition coil primary lead malfunction, code 34 is the rear cylinder ignition coil primary lead malfunction, hence the cutting out and dying.
I'd highly recommend getting a good service manual. You can get a reasonably priced one off the Internet. They're amazingly helpful.
Where in MO are you from? I'm just southwest of you in north ms. Send us a few pics of your 950, take Bevo's 950 history lesson exam, and join in on the fun. Hope this helps, and ride safely!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Keith!! I'm from Boonville,mo. It's in between columbia,mo and Kansas city,mo. Thanks for the help! Here's my 2009 950. It has a fairing, cobra slip on,back rest, homemade side mount license plate holder, and grips. :)

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help with your mods and to answer all your questions. Post often and ride safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts